Friday 18 April 2008

Heart Searching

After the S.C.C. Scrutiny Board meeting yesterday I was talking with one of this site's most loyal readers, the Chief Executive of Sheffield Wildlife Trust. Among other things he expressed his disappointment at the occasional unflattering comments made here about his organisation. I sensed a feeling of hurt. Being a compassionate man with a Christian education behind me, I am touched. I'm therefore doing some serious heart searching as a result.



I could of course point to the offence caused to me by his refusal to apologise to myself and my friends for an act of gross defamation and a campaign to discredit us. But this tit for tat stuff, I see, can appear unedifying, even when those comments made here are mere scratches on the hide of an elephant compared to the institutional abuse from SWT. Still one must hold to one's values: opportunities to turn the other cheek do not come every day.



Thursday

I have therefore decided on a gesture of self denial. For a week I will undertake to make no further comments which show SWT in an unfavourable light. While I expect nothing in return for this, I would be pleasantly surprised to hear from him that he has decided to reconsider his refusal to offer an unconditional public apology for the offence (click here to read) caused by SWT's statements made last July. Comments can of course be left on this blog or I can be contacted by email.

No comments: