Saturday 18 August 2012

Inflation

I’ve just discovered that there’s a report on Sheffield Moors Partnership’s website about the 21st April meeting. It’s amazing. Truly a work of art. That so little can be presented to look like so much. Somebody’s worked their socks off to transform a strangely unfocused and unsatisfactory meeting into 20 pages of report fodder for a Committee meeting of Sheffield councillors to be impressed by. As for the ineffectual group discussion which I sat in on, it seems to reflect what was said sotto voce by two ladies mostly, as far as I could hear, about signage and archaeology. I did say a few things later on but can’t see any evidence of my opinions in the report. I really thought the group discussion was not fit for purpose and I think I indicated as much, but there’s just one ‘individual reflection’ appended in the form of a ‘positive feedback’ probably from one of the inaudible ladies: - "I have found the discussion process very valuable / interesting. The ‘small group’ worked well. Lots of good, thought-provoking discussion."

I gather they have to attend a 6 month creative writing course before the bureaucracy allows them to write these novellas reports.

No comments: