Thursday 26 February 2015

To Be Seen Again?

It's looking as if landowners and 'professional stalkers' in and around Totley and maybe other parts have been shooting more of our deer.

Numbers of stags and hinds on Blacka have been down over the last year.

Here are some links to photos of some of the stags seen on Blacka in recent years. I don't know if these animals are still alive.



10th February 2014


I wonder if they  took pictures of themselves with the  dead deer? As did the man at the  stables.

(I must get with it -'selfies')

It does make you wonder though. What gets into the minds of people who can lift a gun and kill one of these beautiful animals? Perhaps that's something I'm never destined to understand.
 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The first two deer are the same deer. He was around during the rut of 2014, would be sad to see him go as I have noticed you have photos from him for the past 5 or 6 years. Where is this photo of the man who shot a deer?!